Thursday, July 14, 2011

~Color Me Crazy~Petaloo & Swirlydoos

Petaloo is having a contest, it's for their "Color Me Crazy" collection. You can do anything to these items, ink them, chalk them, anything you can dream up. I used several different techniques on these blooms which I will detail below. I used papers from the July Swirlydoos kit for this as well. And did this for the Once Upon A Sketch also. This is our dd on her wedding day, putting on her make-up. I had the thought that this was the last time that she put her makeup on as "Jenna Hamil", the next time was as a married woman!

On the leaves I just used a Zig marker, I colored on the back side of the leaves for a softer look, then I just used stickles around the edges and on the veins. On the chipboard I first coated the entire piece with gesso, then Lumiere mixed with perfect pearls. Then I covered with Shimmerz pixie dust and last used alcohol ink on top.
For the blooms, the larger one is colored with Zig marker, then covered with pixie dust. Then I added stickles. For the smaller blooms I colored the yellow centers with Zig markers also. The little tan bloom was colored with chalk, then pixie dust. And the lillie bloom was painted with Lumiere mixed with latte alcohol ink, then pixie dust and I used puffy paint on the edges.
The tiny blue blooms were chalked and pixie dusted. I had so much fun trying different mediums on these blooms and leaves. I have a bunch left and plan on doing lots more things with them!!!

Supplies used:

Petaloo Color Me Crazy
1575-000 Mini Canterbury collection
1523-000 Tea Stained collection
1575-000 Mixed fabric foliage collection

other-Ranger stickles in crystal, cinnamon, platinum, eucalyptus, antique linen.
Tulip puffy paint in white. Ranger alcohol ink in latte and mushroom. Tim Holtz distress ink in walnut. Shimmerz pixie dust. Luniere in pearl white. Golden gesso.

Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden papers.

8 comments:

Priscilla said...

WOW Phamil you have colored those flowers amazingly. I just love the close up pictures that really showcase the textures of the flowers. Your layout is so beautiful. You really have an eye for composition. Thank you for entering the Petaloo’s Color me Crazy Challenge. Your entry is just lovely. We will be emailing the winners & runner-ups on Wednesday July 27th ! And don’t forget to visit our Petaloo Youtube channel and website gallery for more ideas and inspiration. Good luck!
Priscilla :)
http://petaloo.typepad.com
Petaloo Products
Priscilla@petaloo.com

cnelson said...

So GORGEOUS!!

Kristin K. said...

absolutely beautiful layouts! I am SO glad I found your blog on the scrapbook.com forum. I am now a follower. I hope you'll stoop by my blog. I have a brand new one...www.kristinkottwitz.blogspot.com

Heather Jacob said...

beautiful work Patti .. love it all . hugz x

Paulien van den Bosch said...

Hi Patti. Hope you are having a great time. Tell us all about it when you are back!
I drop in quickly just to let you know, that I so love your latest work. This page is so super gorgeous!!!! Your coloring of the flowers is perfect.

Shell said...

This is so pretty Patti! Big congrats on making the OUAS DT !! I luv OUAS & often play in the challenges so look forward to seeing ur DT work

Anna Zaprzelska said...

Wow! This is incredibly beautiful! So romantic and adorable:)

Gi Lloret said...

I'm really glad for the visit!

I'm visiting your blog and your Layouts are lovely.