Friday, June 1, 2012

New Challenge Time at RRR (Really Reasonable Ribbon)

It's time for a new challenge over at "Really Reasonable Ribbon"! This time the theme is flowers and ribbon!!! You can check the  blog for all the details here: Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog
The theme for Challenge #49 is Flowers & Ribbon. Create a card, layout, multi media piece, tag, ATC, hair bow, you name it. Just be sure to follow the theme above and use ribbon/lace or trim somewhere on your project.

Here is my layout for the challenge and a little tutorial for the Jute blooms.


My ribbon and trim are ALL from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I used the Bakers Twine Assortment on the little buttons. I used the Moss Jute on the blooms and the beautiful Fushia Wrinkled for the bow!

I used the gorgeous ManorHouse Creations blooms on this layout, along with some beautiful Anna Griffin papers and vellum quote stickers. I used the Lace Border strips by Anna also. You can find them all on HSN.

 I used the 1.5 inch Jute ribbon in Moss for this. I started with a 7" strip for each bloom.

I just held it between my thumb and pointing finger and gathered it, holding tightly in the middle.

I just secured it with a "t-pin".

Then I attached a green Manorhouse bloom in the center!!! Finished!!!!!

This was a simple little bloom to make, and you can gets lots of different looks with the different colors of Jute at RRR! And the Manorhouse blooms are just perfect, there is such a wide range of colors and sizes!!!

Thanks for stopping by and please go over to the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog and check the other DT projects and check out the challenge, we'd love to see your creations!

11 comments:

Suz said...

the jute ribbon really makes great "leaves" for the flowers. Handy technique Patti

Unknown said...

Patti, the colors here are just so fresh and fun- what a beautiful layout, loved the little tutorial!

Eila Sandberg said...

Awww this is so sweet Miss P! love that extra pizzazz brought by the jute! xoxo

Unknown said...

The jute flowers are really neat!! What a gorgeous layout, too, love the colors!

Karen Shady said...

WOW.... beautiful LO Patti... and such a great idea.... TFS how you did it :) xx

Karen Shady said...

Hi me again :)

I would like to ask you soemthing, could you email me here please when you have a minute

karen_shady{at}ymail.com

thanks my friend xx

sandi said...

Wow! This is sooooooooooo pretty! Love the pink and the burlap flower...looks fab!

cnelson said...

wowza...wowza...WOWZA! I LOOOOOOOOVE this lo!! Those colors are just PERFECT!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Super layout Patti! I love the different textures and beautiful colouring! Really so lovely!

Ella Swan said...

Gorgeous Patti! Just love the colours you have going on here and that hessian/burlap is super cool!!

Gloria Stengel said...

You so totally rock!