Thursday, June 24, 2010

5-Petal layered Bloom Tutorial

I wanted some blooms for a page and didn't have any the right color, so I decided to try to make my own. I looked at some on some of my other pages and wanted to make something similar to the Fiesta blooms. They turned out okay, and I had several people ask how to make them, so here goes:

The yellow ones are the ones I made.


These are the only supplies that I used, circle cutter, tape, pencil, scissors and glimmer mist or spray glitter.
First, start by cutting 5 circles in graduating size, the 2 smaller ones can be the same size circle.
Next, lightly with a pencil divide the circles into 5 sections as shown below. Do this with all the circles.

Next, between the marks cut into 5 petals per circle as shown.


Next, I used a piercing tool with goop all over the end and curl all the edges inward.


Now just layer each one on top of the other and play with the petals to adjust to your liking.

Last, spray with glimmer mist or spray glitter. You may choose any type center you wish!

Here are a few that I've done so far:

10 comments:

Sandie said...

This is fabulous, and what a great tutorial!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

I love it Patti!! Very easy too!! They really do look like the Prima Fiesta blooms!! I'm so going to try these!

Robbie said...

I love those flowers Patti!!! They look terrific and I'm with Gabi, they remind me of the Fiesta Blooms!!! LOVE your page, too! Thanks for sharing your tutorial!

cnelson said...

The lo is fabulous and those flowers are to die for!! Thank you so much for the tutorial!! I will definitely be trying this!

Anna said...

I love this flower technique ! Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing Patti. The LO is STUNNING !

Michelle said...

These are gorgeous Patti! thank you very much for sharing your tutorial! Michelle

Janinek said...

This is a fabulous tutorial Patti. Thanks for sharing!

Amanda Sevall said...

What a cute flower!! Thanks for sharing :)

Trudi Harrison said...

Oh Patti, these are STUNNING!! Thanks for sharing, you are a SUPERSTAR!

Janinek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.