Monday, July 29, 2013

Couture Creations Bloom Tutorial


Hello, I have another variation of a bloom made with the Daisy Nesting dies. There are so many different ways to customize hand-made blooms, I really enjoy playing around with them. This one turned out pretty cute! First, here is the finished page.

These flowers were all picked within a mile of my house while walking on a dirt road! I put them in a mason jar glass!!! Lots of perks to living in the country!!!



The first thing that I did was to use the Large Damask Flourish embossing folder from the Elegance Collection and emboss 2 pieces of white cardstock. I cut it into one long section and just embossed each end. I then used two colors of ink, one purple and one blue to get the desired color to match the background.


I also used a chipboard flourish from Imaginarium Designs. I used the same two colors of ink and then topped it off with a coat of the Glitzin Glamour in Crystalina. Such a pretty look!!!


Now for the blooms.  I used the Daisy Nestiing dies in the two smallest sizes. I used the largest of the two for the white outer blooms and the smaller for the yellow centers. I started by inking the edges after cutting them out.


I snipped into each one between each petal, make sure not to snip all the way to the center.


Next spritz with water and curl up as shown.


Let dry, and then carefully pull apart the petals with your piercing tool. Be careful not to tear the tiny petals.


Once unfolder, you can layer them and put them together!!!


After putting all four layers together this is how it will look. You can play around and curl, fluff or do whatever you want with the blooms!


Here you see them on the page, along with the little blue blooms that I used a tiny dot of the Gold Glitzin Glamour for the centers! You can also see where I embossed a piece of green cardstock with the Hyper Magical folder from the Fresh & Fun collection and cut out leaves from it.



Here are some closeups, here you see part of the chippie with the Glitzin Glamour and some of the tiny blooms.



A few more close-ups.




Couture Creations products used:



I hope you enjoyed this post, and I really appreciate you stopping by, please check back to see what else the Design Team has to share!!!

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Oh how lovely the flowers look and love that embossing you have done too.. and I love flowers in the house and the ones you find outside in any garden are the best!