Friday, January 18, 2013

Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge

Swirlydoos is having a super contest, the "Ultimate Design Challenge"! I am playing along because they will be technique oriented and I need to learn how to use some mediums and different techniques, and their designers are just the ones to learn from! The first week is going now and this is my project.



This is a page of my Dad when he was young. My design for the challenge is the "faux pocketwatch"! I made it from two pieces of chipboard that I cut into circles. I embossed them with WOW embossing powder in several colors, then stamped the image on the top and used Suzy West black glint embossing powder on the design. I cut a picture and placed on the inside of one piece and then stamped a clock and placed metal clock hands on the other. I covered both with glossy accents. I used stickles around the edge of the entire thing. I used a stick pin for the winder and made a hinge and embossed it also.


I used Imaginarium Designs chipboard, the alphas, the frame and butterfly and also the little gears and embossed them also. Using several colors of  WOW powder on the frame and butterfly.


Here is a closeup of the watch opened.


I added some bling and a butterfly, and used BoBunny papers on the page.


You should visit Swirlydoos and check out all of the projects from all of the entries, there are some beautiful and creative entries!!! Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate it greatly!!!

4 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Fabulous page! I love the embossed frame and the watch is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration and good luck with the challenge!

Keren Tamir said...

Amazing layout patti. Love the masculine colors of the BB line

Anniebee said...

This is gorgeous and such a wonderful tribute to your father. I love the pocket watch you made!

Lizzyc said...

Absolutely gorgeous.. love the vintage feel and the pocket watch is amazing.. love this..