Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Craft-Dee Bowz & USArtQuest


I had this scheduled for yesterday, but for some reason "Blogger" didn't post it! Imagine that, well better late than never. I wanted to share this because I got to play with some awesome products from USArtQuest!!!

It's time for my post this month here at Craft-Dee Bowz and this month we had a little extra challenge! We had to use the colors tan and blue, keep a beach theme, do a double loop bow, and use some fabulous products from USArtQuest. We got Dicrofibers, Prills, and Mica flakes.

This is my layout, this is one of my very good friends beautiful daughter. I had fun mixing in these products, they were mostly new to me, so it was quite a challenge, but fun!


First of all I used the "Dicrofibers". They are fibers that look like cotton candy! You use a rubber stamp and cover it with StazOn, then you put the fibers of your choice on top, cover with the included paper and heat with an iron!!! The iron melts the fibers and you just peel off the design!! I then use the different colored "Prills" in the center. I attached with "Perfect Paper Adhesive", also from USArtQuest, this is a fabulous glue, it dries totally clear and it's not sticky to touch. I used a hibiscus stamp and just cut into a circle.


I took the light blue "Prills" and first covered the swirl stickers with the "Perfect Paper Adhesive" and then poured the Prills over it. I let it dry and then shook off the excess! I used the Mica flakes in the bottom corner and across the bottom of the mat to mimic a sand look.


Here is a better view of the Mica flakes!


I used some Moxxie paper and stickers, the little leaves are stamped and the little blooms are just small blooms layered together and scrunched! I had so much fun playing with these products!!! I urge you to check out all the fantastic products that USArtQuest has to offer!

2 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Patti, Love this L/O and all the USArtQuest elements that you used look fantastic on this project!!!

Lizzyc said...

Gorgeous layout, love the beachy feel to it!